Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally I'm a blogger....

After weeks of saying that I was going to start my blog I finally sat down and did it....And the timing couldn't be more perfect. I have decided for myself that Sunday (Dec 21) is my first day of training for the Ironman AZ 2009. I can't keep using the excuse that I have a year to train...because a month has passed and now it's almost exactly 11 months to train. I have my next two weeks completely planned out. I'm on vacation from teaching for the holidays so I'll be using that time to get into a training routine before school starts up again in January. My goal over the next few months is to build my base until March when our entire Triabetes team will meet in Tucson and our Ironman training officially begins at the Diabetes Training Camp. So for the next two weeks I will be combining workouts of hard core pilates, yoga, running, swimming, lifting and biking. I have planned (atleast for the next 2 weeks) to do 3 of each a week with one day off for recovery and rest and sanity. Runs are the easiest to get in...I just walk out my front door. Swim workouts will be mostly at my brand new 24-hour fitness that's near my house. Bike workouts...hmmmmm....Well, considering that I don't even have a bike yet (they are soooooo expensive), for now my bike workouts will consist of spin classes and the indoor exercise bike. Lifting will be easy and yoga will be for my mental recovery and because I hate to stretch. The hard core pilates is a different story...I'll be driving to Los Angeles 7 times over the next two weeks to get these workouts in. I'm taking classes (three 40-minute classes back to back) but I am also training to become a part-time instructor at the pilates plus studio that is opening in La Jolla in January. I'm super curious to see how my blood sugars do...

This Sunday is hard core pilates and yoga....I'll be leaving at 6am to drive to the Pilates Plus West Hollywood studio to take a 9:30, 10:15, and 11:00 class....then I'll drive back to Encinitas to walk my dog and catch a 4pm hot yoga class. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes....stay tuned.

Well I just got off the phone with a Type-1 friend of mine and somehow I got talked into going on a trail run tomorrow...~7 miles. I haven't run in a couple of weeks so I'm kind of nervous....the first words out of my mouth were "I'm not going fast!!" And it's cold here right now....43 degrees in the morning! UGH!!

Until next time.....blood sugar 134 :)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you listed your blood sugar. Will that be a regular feature? =) Good luck in Carlsbad!

    ReplyDelete

PUMPing INsulin...

PUMPing INsulin...
June 6, 2008...Day 2 on my Animas 2020